cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

iOS apps on non-Swiss app store

davy3c
Level 3
1 of 8

I believe that I can only download the Home and My Swisscom apps on the Swiss App Store. Is there any reason for this? I have the SBB, Migros, Coop and countless other local apps on my iPhone (all available in the UK App Store) - why not Swisscom?? 
Davy

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
Feffeummad56
Level 3
6 of 8

Hi @davy3c 

Thanks a lot for reaching out. AND thx @DomiP for connecting. This is great! 😉 

It is indeed the case that if the app is also available in German, French, etc. Store, the legal framework of the respective country would have to be considered. The effort involved outweigs the value.

Interestingly enough I received several requests in the recent past to losen this rule. Can you write us at app(dot)myswisscom(ät)swisscom(dot)com ? Maybe we can help. If so, we can post the answer here. 😉

Cheers

adrian

Product Manager My Swisscom App

7 Comments 7
DomiP
Level 3
2 of 8

Hi Davy,

why should a UK-Citizen use a App, that is specially for Swiss People?

Please explain which app, you would like to use at the UK-Store.

Gruess, Cordial salids, Cordialement, Cordiali Saluti, Cheers!
Dominik

Black Mamba
Level 3
3 of 8

SBB, Migros, Coop are companies with an international vision, their services go well beyond Swiss borders 

Conversely, would it make sense to load a British phone service on a Swiss mobile ?

otherwise you have to be equipped with a satellite mobile to overcome the constraints of borders

Meilleures salutations de la Communauté francophone

Customers help customers

davy3c
Level 3
4 of 8

Hi @DomiP , @Black Mamba 

I am British, but I live and work in Switzerland. I have a Swisscom iPhone on a Swisscom contract. When I moved to Switzerland from the UK my Apple ID was associated with the UK App Store. All of my music and apps were in the UK App Store and I didn't want the hassle of migrating everything so I stuck with the UK app store. No big deal.

Migros, Coop, SBB, P+R, Parkingpay, QuickZoll, SwissCovid - all of these apps are only for use in Switzerland, and are available in any App Store. I have all of them and use them regularly. My question was simple - why doesn't Swisscom make the "My Swisscom" and "Swisscom Home" apps available in all App stores? The Swisscom Storebox, My Cockpit B2B, Swisscom Skimovie, Swisscom RA iOS apps are all available in the UK App Store - why not My Swisscom and Swisscom Home? It is clear that it is possible.

Davy

DomiP
Level 3
5 of 8

@davy3c okay i understand.

Thats a problem i see; but i dont know how to solve this and who is responsible in the Community. Maybe @AdrianW could help us regarding the MySwisscom-App?

Gruess, Cordial salids, Cordialement, Cordiali Saluti, Cheers!
Dominik

Feffeummad56
Level 3
6 of 8

Hi @davy3c 

Thanks a lot for reaching out. AND thx @DomiP for connecting. This is great! 😉 

It is indeed the case that if the app is also available in German, French, etc. Store, the legal framework of the respective country would have to be considered. The effort involved outweigs the value.

Interestingly enough I received several requests in the recent past to losen this rule. Can you write us at app(dot)myswisscom(ät)swisscom(dot)com ? Maybe we can help. If so, we can post the answer here. 😉

Cheers

adrian

Product Manager My Swisscom App

davy3c
Level 3
7 of 8

Thank you for the followup and explaining how/why the App Stores are selected. I will send an email as you suggest. 
Thanks
Davy

AdrianW
Level 3
8 of 8

Hey @davy3c 

Great. Thx.

Sorry here is my real account. Somehow it took a test-account. 

Nevermind. The message came across. 😉

Cheers

adrian