cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Unstable Philips HUE bridge connection/Unable to add lamps

Andrea_RM
Level 2
1 of 5

Hi Folks!

I used to have a Philips HUE smart lamps system in my previous apartment in Lucerne, perfectly working (with a Swisscom Internet Box 2).
Last saturday I moved to Zurich, I kept my subscription with Swisscom but they gave me an Internet Box 3.
Since then, and despite 1h 30m of call with the Swisscom support, I'm not able to reconnect my Philips HUE system anymore.

As per title I'm able to pair the bridge with the HUE app but when it comes to add lamps, after searching for a while, it seems the connectivity to the bridge get lost (and reappears again after few seconds, but still without being able to add any lamps).

I've always managed to make these tech things work... In this case I already tried some standard and some more "advanced" things like:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the HUE app

- Turning on/off both the bridge and the router

- Factory resetting both the bridge and the router

- Searching the lamps by the serial number

- Splitting the 2.4Ghz and the 5Ghz (connecting the bridge and my phone to the 2.4Ghz one wlan)  frequency
- Deactivating the Wi-Fi 6 option
- Enabling the DHCP

Nothing worked...

Given that in the previous apartment everything have been working smoothly for more than 3 years, I'm now "blaming" the new Internet Box 3 and I'm wondering if I'm supposed to set it in a very particular way..

Thanks to those who might be able to help and sorry for the post in English! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
ClaudioB
Level 2
5 of 5

@LeylaG @Andrea_RM 

Try pushing the button on the philips hue bridge and check again in home app. If that doesn't work please contact us here.

Best,

Claudio from Home App

Swisscom Mitarbeiter im Bereich Home App Support.
Employé Swisscom dans le domaine Home App Support.
Swisscom employee in the field of Home App Support.
4 Comments 4
Black Mamba
Level 2
2 of 5

@Andrea_RM 

you should be able to control the Philips Hue without any problems

The Voice Assistant supports all Smart Home devices that have been added with the HomeApp (including Hue)

I still have the list with the devices that are supported by the HomeApp

Which devices are supported by the Home App?

Philips Hue

• Hue White ambiance
  • Hue White
  • Hue White and color ambiance
  • Hue Fair (LED)
  • Hue Bloom
  • Hue GO
  • Hue Play
  • Hue Lightstrips
  • Hue Filament

These Philips Hue lightbulbs/fairy lights have been officially approved and tested by us.
All other Philips Hue lamps controlled by the Hue Bridge should also work, but have not been tested by us. Please note that in order to use Philips Hue, a Hue Bridge is necessary. 

The Philips Hue devices don't have any connection to the Home App, what should I do?
LeylaG
Level 2
3 of 5

Hello @Andrea_RM

Have you managed to connect your Philips HUE system in the meantime? 

If not, try to check with Philips directly or maybe @ClaudioB has an idea to help you ?

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
A like always brings a smile 😄 Don't forget to accept helpful solutions
ClaudioMB
Level 2
4 of 5

@LeylaG @Andrea_RM 

Try pushing the button on the philips hue bridge and check again in home app. If that doesn't work please contact us here.

Best,

Claudio from Home App

ClaudioB
Level 2
5 of 5

@LeylaG @Andrea_RM 

Try pushing the button on the philips hue bridge and check again in home app. If that doesn't work please contact us here.

Best,

Claudio from Home App

Swisscom Mitarbeiter im Bereich Home App Support.
Employé Swisscom dans le domaine Home App Support.
Swisscom employee in the field of Home App Support.