cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Today receiving a lot of calls from unknown people

Contributor
1 of 5

I’ve recieved today various phone calls from many different numbers that, when I check the numbers in the phone book, they all have directory entries. 

Usually I receive a lot of numbers that come up as unknown or as telemarketing firms. I shouldn’t do, as I have the asterisk in the book against my name. As a result,  I’ve stopped answering my phone when I don’t recognise a number. However, all the numbers today have telephone entries, none of whom are people I know and from all around Switzerland. Has anyone else had this issue? 

MOST HELPFUL ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
4 of 5

Hello,

Here is the Microsoft information page about call scams.

@jack_sheldon Love your Swiss German tip btw! 👍😂

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
4 Comments
Community Manager
2 of 5

Hello @fran 69

You probably received Spoofing calls besides advertising calls. Our callfilter helps to reduce unwanted calls.

Hope it helps!

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
Contributor
3 of 5

Most of the calls I've received like this are from spammers from India claiming to be from Microsoft. They have nothing to do with Microsoft and their primary objective is to get you to spend money one way or another, usually by nefarious means.

You are welcome to play along with them a bit (hence protecting other users), but be sure you know what you're doing, otherwise just hang up, or speak to them in Swiss-German (it doesn't have to be very good swiss-german).

Community Manager
4 of 5

Hello,

Here is the Microsoft information page about call scams.

@jack_sheldon Love your Swiss German tip btw! 👍😂

Contributor
5 of 5

Thank you both for your answers. I’d guessed it was spammers, but was more concerned as the numbers were appearing in the Swiss telephone directory as “proper customers” rather than coming up as unknown or telemarketing sites......they’re getting even sneakier it seems! I’m just blocking the numbers now.