cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

use bluewin default server to send mail with accounts like yahoo.com or free.fr

Madelwi
Level 2
1 of 2

Hi

Since the troubles of today (03.08.2021) with Bluewin mail, I can no longer send emails from my alternative mail accounts. Any one has same trouble ?

Thanks

Marion 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
Black Mamba
Level 2
2 of 2

@Madelwi 

thanks for the contribution

> ... I can no longer send emails from my alternative mail accounts. Any one has same trouble ? ...

" We no longer allow sending to a foreign domain, i.e. sending via smtpauths.bluewin.ch is only possible with Bluewin login credentials. "

see this discussion on the same topic in the Community in German

senden von e-mail | Swisscom Community

Response from @ChristianG Swisscom on Friday 5.7.2021

" ... In June 2021, various customers received the request for the following adjustments: The customer needs to make adjustments to their email settings. ???@Bluewin.ch should be used as user name for the outgoing server (SMTP) instead of ***@bluewin.ch/ foreign address. Simply put, affected clients connect to our outgoing server (SMTP) with their Bluewin email address, but send the emails with a different sender address (different Bluewin or third party address). We no longer allow this configuration. Here are the instructions: Anpassung Ihrer Bluewin E-Mail-Adresse | Swisscom Greetings Chris ... "

In the same discussion thread

Response from ChristianG Swisscom from Monday 2.8.2021

" ... We no longer allow sending to a foreign domain, i.e. sending via smtpauths.bluewin.ch is only possible with Bluewin login credentials. Registration only via ***@bluewin.ch and with the corresponding Bluewin password Otherwise, you will no longer be able to send the emails. You will therefore have no choice but to order an SME product. Webhosting - your server in Switzerland | SME | Swisscom Greetings Chris ... "

1 Comment 1
Black Mamba
Level 2
2 of 2

@Madelwi 

thanks for the contribution

> ... I can no longer send emails from my alternative mail accounts. Any one has same trouble ? ...

" We no longer allow sending to a foreign domain, i.e. sending via smtpauths.bluewin.ch is only possible with Bluewin login credentials. "

see this discussion on the same topic in the Community in German

senden von e-mail | Swisscom Community

Response from @ChristianG Swisscom on Friday 5.7.2021

" ... In June 2021, various customers received the request for the following adjustments: The customer needs to make adjustments to their email settings. ???@Bluewin.ch should be used as user name for the outgoing server (SMTP) instead of ***@bluewin.ch/ foreign address. Simply put, affected clients connect to our outgoing server (SMTP) with their Bluewin email address, but send the emails with a different sender address (different Bluewin or third party address). We no longer allow this configuration. Here are the instructions: Anpassung Ihrer Bluewin E-Mail-Adresse | Swisscom Greetings Chris ... "

In the same discussion thread

Response from ChristianG Swisscom from Monday 2.8.2021

" ... We no longer allow sending to a foreign domain, i.e. sending via smtpauths.bluewin.ch is only possible with Bluewin login credentials. Registration only via ***@bluewin.ch and with the corresponding Bluewin password Otherwise, you will no longer be able to send the emails. You will therefore have no choice but to order an SME product. Webhosting - your server in Switzerland | SME | Swisscom Greetings Chris ... "