cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subject line errors

Highlighted
Novice
1 of 6

When I reply to an email, special characters which were correctly shown in the subject line are not reproduced correctly in the reply but in old HTML code. For example: Re: along the lines of your theme about Apple pretending to be "good guys"  The " quotes marks  in the incoming mail appear as " in the reply. Why?

5 Comments
Expert
2 of 6

Hi all,

as you might now, is the "  the Encoded String for the typical Apostrophe.

In some cases this error might occur if the Device-Language does not use the ASCII-Table - e.g. Japanese based-Systems.

This could be also the case if the messaging-partner uses software, which does not support the ASCII-Table directly.

Mostly it depends on System-Language or Device and Software.

Greetings

Viele Wege führen zum Ziel - wenn dir meine Antwort gefällt, drück doch auf den Daumen - wenn sie dein Problem gelöst hat, drück auf das häckchen.
Novice
3 of 6

Thanks, but that doesn't resolve the problem. The special characters appear correctly in the Subject line in incoming emails but when I Reply to or Forward the message the HTML code appears. How can Swisscom software read the symbols correctly in incoming mail but not on outgoing?

Expert
4 of 6

Do you use Webmail or a Client like Outlook? 

Viele Wege führen zum Ziel - wenn dir meine Antwort gefällt, drück doch auf den Daumen - wenn sie dein Problem gelöst hat, drück auf das häckchen.
Novice
5 of 6

I use only Webmail for my main account

Community Manager
6 of 6

Hello @ThomM

Do you have an explanation or a solution ?

Thank you in advance for your insight 🙂

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!