Did you mean: 

Bluewin App (Android) Push Notifications for incoming Emails does not work

Highlighted
Level 1
1 of 4

Device: Samsung Galaxy XCover4 (SM-G390F) with Android 9

App: Bluewin App  version 2.11.6

Problem Description:

Push Notification for incoming Emails does not work. However, Push Notifications for other service from the same app, for example "Breaking News" does work.  This may be a very old problem. I previously used the "Forward Emails to SMS" in the Swisscom Customer Center for such notifications, but that service has been withdrawn recently.

In the Bluewin App "Einstellungen" (Settings), I have selected my email account *E-Mail placeholder* and set "Push-Benachrichtigungen" (Push Notifications) to ON.

At the Android Settings level under APPS, I have selected Bluewin > Notifications and set E-Mail to "Sound and Popup"

I don't believe the problem is a general Ardroid level setting because, as I said, the same App can generate "Breaking News" Push Notifications.   I can't find any other settings, also not in the Swisscom Customer Center (Email configuration), which appear to be relevant.

Can anyone help, auch in Deutsch ?

Many thanks / Vielen Dank.

3 Comments
Highlighted
Community Manager
2 of 4

Hello @Artisan

I forwarded your problem to the Bluewin App Product Manager. My colleague is currently absent.

In the meantime, a workaround would be to set up your e-mail account directly in the Mail app of your Samsung.

Cheers

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
Highlighted
Level 1
3 of 4

OK. Thanks. I'd already thought of using an alternative App.

In the meantime, I've also mentioned the problem in the Google Play Store, in a "review" of the App. under another screen name.

I suspect it is the App, but though it could also be an invisible (to me) setting in configuration of my email account in the customer center.

Highlighted
Level 1
4 of 4

I did quite a few activities today, mainly to start using the Samsung email app to attempt to solve the problem,  and now this push notification does appear to work as a nice side effect.

It is not clear which activity below (if any ) had the effect.

1.  I started by configuring a new email address in the Customer Center and set up a forwarding from my main email address to the new address. I set up the new email address so that the Samsung Email app had access only to my new emails, not the whole of my main mail box.

2. I configured Samsung Email on the smartphone to access the new email account. This process requested a change to the "Data Saver" list. On my phone, this is under Settings > Connections > Data Usage > Data Saver > "Allow apps while data saver is on", then clicked on the button to see the full list of apps which are permitted to run when the data saver is on.

3. I configured an exception in the "Data Saver" configuration also for the Bluewin App, having seen that the Samsung app seemed to want it. It is possible that this helped but, as I said, push notifications for "News" items from the app worked previously, so I did not suspect a general Android setting.

Anyway, the notifications now appear almost immediately and whether or not the Bluewin App is closed by double clicking.

But, anyway, I'll watch its behaviour for a few days to see if it is stable.