How to manage your Bluewin e-mail address

How to manage your Bluewin e-mail address

100% helpful (1/1)

Bluewin_e-mail.jpg

You can’t really survive without an e-mail address today. We often have more than one, which can make managing them tricky. In the following 6 scenarios, find out how to manage your Bluewin e-mail address from a single account (Swisscom Login), how to transfer the address to a separate Swisscom Login, how to keep your address if you cancel your subscription and how to add, delete or recover addresses.

Scenario 1: A single login for multiple e-mail addresses (copy address)

As a Swisscom customer with several Bluewin e-mail addresses, you are experiencing difficulties finding the right address in My Swisscom (Customer Center) or webmail and would therefore like to combine all of your addresses on a single account.

1. You have separate Swisscom Logins for each of your e-mail addresses. To manage your e-mail address, log into My Swisscom with the correct user name and password.
  2. If you have forgotten your Swisscom Login, click ‘Forgotten your user name or password?’ below the input field and follow the steps.
  3. In the e-mail settings, click the button in the ‘Copy e-mail address’ tile. Here, enter the Swisscom Login of the e-mail address you wish to copy. Choose whether to transfer your address book entries.

Scenario 2: Creating a separate login for your e-mail address (assign address)

You manage e-mail addresses for your family members or other people in your My Swisscom account. All Bluewin e-mail addresses are linked to the same account (Swisscom Login). You would now like to have a separate account for an e-mail address.

1. Log into My Swisscom with your Swisscom Login.
  2. In the e-mail settings, click the button in the ‘Assign e-mail address’ tile.
  3. Click on the blue pointer to the right of the relevant e-mail address and follow the next steps to set a new Swisscom Login for these addresses.

Please note that you will need your Swisscom Login to log into My Swisscom or Webmail. If you want to retrieve your e-mails in an e-mail program such as Outlook or Apple Mail, you will need the e-mail address and password. You can set this password in the ‘Change Password’ tile into My Swisscom after assigning the address.

Scenario 3: Cancelling your subscription and keeping your address (convert account)

You are cancelling your Swisscom subscription, but would like to keep your Bluewin e-mail address.

1. To protect your e-mail addresses, you must assign all addresses you want to keep in your account before the notice period expires. To do this, log into My Swisscom with your Swisscom Login.
  2. In the e-mail settings, click the button in the ‘Assign e-mail address’ tile.
  3. Click on the blue pointer to the right of the relevant e-mail address and follow the next steps. This creates a separate account (Swisscom Login) for the e-mail address for access to webmail and My Swisscom.

Please note, once the cancellation is complete, all of your e-mail addresses will be deactivated. Follow the instructions from scenario 4 or contact us to reactivate your e-mail addresses and assign them to a separate Swisscom Login (free Service Package Light). We are also happy to assist you with converting your account to a Service Package Classic. You can then keep your 5 e-mail addresses in one account and continue to benefit from 5 GB of storage per address.

Scenario 4: Recover a deleted e-mail address

You cancelled your Swisscom subscription and your e-mail address was deleted. You can reactivate the address within 90 days of deletion.

1. To do this, go to My Swisscom and click on the button in the “Restore e-mail address” tile. This tile is only visible if you deleted at least one address in the past 90 days.
  2. If you have more than one e-mail address in your account, select the one you want to reactivate. The address is then recovered.
  3. If you cancel, you must then transfer the reactivated address to a new (free) account. To do this, go to “Settings” and click on the button in the “Transfer e-mail address” tile. Then click on the blue pointer to the right of the e-mail address and follow the next steps.
  4. To recover other deleted e-mail addresses, repeat steps 1-3 for each address.

Please note: After you have restored the first e-mail address and transferred it to a new account, you can convert this free account into a paid Service Package Classic. To do this, go to My Swisscom. On the menu on the right, click on ‘Subscription: change/cancel Service Package’. To transfer the other 4 e-mail addresses to this account, click on the button in the “Settings” in the tile “Transfer e-mail address”. Enter the Swisscom Login of the address you wish to copy here.

Scenario 5:  Changing your existing e-mail address (add address)

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the e-mail address. However, you can create a new e-mail address or a new account.

For customers with a Swisscom TV or Internet subscription and a Bluewin account with up to 5 possible e-mail addresses (Service Package Classic):

1. If you already have 5 e-mail addresses, you will need to delete one address before you can add a new one. To do this, log into My Swisscom. In the e-mail settings, click the button in the ‘Delete e-mail address’ tile.
  2. To create a new address, click the button in the ‘Add e-mail address’ tile in the e-mail settings.

For customers with a free account with a maximum of one e-mail address (Service Package Light):

1. You cannot add additional addresses to your account. But you can set up a new account (free Service Package Light) and create a new Bluewin e-mail address.
  2. Have your e-mails forwarded directly from your old address to your new address. To do this, log into My Swisscom with your old Swisscom Login. In the ‘E-mail settings’ tile of the e-mail settings, click on the ‘Go to settings’ button and, at ‘Forwarding’, select ‘Edit’. Enter your new e-mail address here. In this case, you should not delete the old address.

Please note, if you have a Service Package Light with 1 e-mail address and want to manage an additional address in your account (Swisscom Login), you can convert your account into a Service Package Classic. To do this, go to My Swisscom and, in the menu on the right, click on ‘Subscription: change/cancel Service Package’.

Scenario 6: Deleting your e-mail address

You want to delete your e-mail address.

1. Log into My Swisscom with your Swisscom Login.
  2. In the e-mail settings, click the button in the ‘Delete e-mail address’ tile to delete the selected address.
  3. To cancel your entire account (Swisscom Login), go to My Swisscom and, in the menu on the right, click on ‘Subscription: change/cancel Service Package’ and then the link at the bottom.
Was this article helpful? Yes No
Contributors