cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Wrong TV Guide on Home & Garden TV UK

Nieldeitzo67
Level 1
1 of 13

I love to watch HGTV as a "no brainer" when I am trying to relax after a day at work. However, the TV Guide doesn't fit to what is actually being broadcasted. I always have to go onto the web and see what the actual programme is. and then try to search the beginning of the show I would like to view.

Is there any way to fix this, or is it something that Swisscom should look at???

Greetings

Edited
ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
LeylaG
Community Manager
12 of 13

Hello everyone,

It seems that the correct EPG is finally live 🙂

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you again for your patience.

Have a great weekend!

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
A like always brings a smile 😄 Don't forget to accept helpful solutions
12 Comments 12
DomiP
Super User
2 of 13

@Gaeilgeoir is our TV-Channels expert (i guess) 😉 . Could you help @Nieldeitzo67 here?

Gruess, Cordial salids, Cordialement, Cordiali saluti
Dominik

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
3 of 13

@Nieldeitzo67 I will check this, when I'll be at home this evening. 

Ma olaim an t-airgead is ma bhronnaim an t-or
O caide sin do'n te sin nach mbaineann sin do
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
4 of 13

@Nieldeitzo67 I could check this issue, so it is obvious that the EPG is wrong (not to say completely wrong). According to the EPG there should be now "Pool Kings" (as each Friday due to the EPG). Taking a look in the real TV schedule

https://www.tvguide.co.uk/mobile/channellisting.asp?ch=322#472999479

I did not find any "Pool King" during the next week, so I exclude possible time shifts.

Then I tried to find the origin of these EPG data , so I checked the US, AUS, NZ and Eire TV schedules of the respective HGTV version -> no "Pool Kings" although it is indeed a HGTV show. Conclusion: I have no idea where these EPG data come from.

@LeylaG  Could you please address this issue to the right person within SC to get in contact with the EPG provider, so that this issue could be fixed. Especially if you would like to record a show on this channel, it isn't possible without bigger efforts.

Edited
LeylaG
Community Manager
5 of 13

Hello @Nieldeitzo67

Thank you very much for pointing out this TV Guide problem.

Some shows can be really relaxing indeed. My preference goes to Gardener's World and Escape to the Country 🙂🌱

And thank you @Gaeilgeoir for tagging me.

I forwarded your feedback to our technicians to check the matter with our TV Guide provider.

I hope it will be corrected very soon.

I wish you a nice afternoon and a lovely weekend

Un like fait toujours plaisir 😉 Une réponse t'a aidé? -> Accepte-la comme solution!
Alanz
Level 4
6 of 13

@LeylaG 

we need a bit more proactiveness on this. In the Italian community there is a post every second day re these type of issues and never a permanent solution. 

While I understand Swisscom is not the owner of the content incl the EPG, you must get the data from some entity you actually pay for the service and I am sure there is some type of SLA around providing wrong data over and over. 

I cannot tell how many times I have recorded a show only to realize later it was something completely different. 

Saluti e grazie
Alessandro
Abbonamento: inOne home + TV + mobile, pacchetto Sports.
LeylaG
Community Manager
7 of 13

Hello @Alanz

Thank you for your feedback. 

I understand that a wrong TV-Guide can be annoying. Please note that time differences and programmes adjustments may occur following last-minute changes or information not provided by the channels. 

For general issues with TV-Guide, we are grateful for the errors you can point out.

FYI, I forwarded your general feedback about the data accuracy.

Have a nice afternoon

Nieldeitzo67
Level 1
8 of 13

I am pretty sure that the problem here has nothing to do with time differences as the difference to UK time is only -1 hour and if you check the EPG then the schedule has nothing to do with the programmes that are being broadcasted.

I do hope that there will be a solution in the near future as it is becoming rather annoying having to check an online EPG...

Greetings...

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
9 of 13

@Nieldeitzo67 That's what I wrote, "I exclude time shifts". It is a completely wrong EPG, but SC is now taking a closer look with the supplier of the data to fix this problem.

Edited
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
10 of 13

After a couple weeks I‘d like

to know if there are any news concerning the EPG, as they are still that wrong, that would it be interesting to know where data are coming from. All The British TV schedule providers are showing the correct EPG so it is very unlikely that these data are coming directly from TV station itself. 

Edited
LeylaG
Community Manager
11 of 13

Hello @Gaeilgeoir

I asked some news to my colleagues, the case is still open at our EPG supplier. 

Sorry for the delay, but they couldn't give me an exact date.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a nice day

LeylaG
Community Manager
12 of 13

Hello everyone,

It seems that the correct EPG is finally live 🙂

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you again for your patience.

Have a great weekend!

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
13 of 13

Dear @LeylaG 

Checked, great, it‘s correct now. Thanks to all contributors making this happen. 

Have a nice weekend, too.