cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use your HomepageTool

How to use your HomepageTool

No ratings

Bild_So verwendest du dein HomepageTool.pngYou can use the HomepageTool from Swisscom to create your own website. You will find useful information about this in the Help section on swisscom.ch. Additional questions are answered below.

How many websites can I create with the HomepageTool?

You can create one website per HomepageTool and one independent mobile website, depending on the package. However, you can purchase multiple HomepageTool versions and also manage additional websites under additional domains or sub-domains.

How can I create/recover a backup in my HomepageTool?

To create or recover a backup, proceed as follows:

1. Open the HomepageTool.
  2. Click “Settings” on the left-hand side.
  3. In the “Settings” window, the “General” tile is displayed as standard; scroll down to the bottom of this window.
  4. Click the “Backup and recovery” button
  5. You can create a new backup here or recover an old one.

What are SMS notifications for contact forms and how can I activate these?

As well as an e-mail notification, you can get free SMS notification of contact form enquiries by saving the recipient’s mobile number in the contact information settings. Note that this service may only be available on the Swiss mobile network.

50 SMS are included per month with HomepageTool S. 500 SMS can be sent per month with HomepageTool M. Once this limit is reached, no further SMS will be sent until the end of the month. You will therefore not incur any extra costs.

You can activate SMS notification under Settings > General.

How can I change the design of my website?

With the HomepageTool, it only takes a couple of seconds to redesign your site. You should first create a backup, however (under General Settings). You can change the design by clicking the “Design” button in the editor and selecting one of more than 250 design templates from “Themes”.

How can I edit images in my HomepageTool?

The HomepageTool offers an integrated image editing program which lets you use filters, crop or generally edit images.

To edit images with the HomepageTool, proceed as follows:

1. Open the HomepageTool.
  2. Click “Files” in the menu on the left. A window opens displaying all your images.
  3. Click the image that you want to edit. The image is displayed in large on the right.
  4. Move the cursor over the large image on the right until the “Change image” button is displayed.
  5. Click “Change image”
  6. You can now edit the image in the image editing program.

Can I transfer the website I created with the HomepageTool to another hosting provider?

No, unfortunately this is not possible.

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Contributors