cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED
  • The questioner has marked this post as solved.
  • Closed

No Internet Access

Contributor
1 of 4

Hi There,

I'm having a problem with one of my laptops not connecting to the internet - today one of my laptops stopped connecting to the internet.  It connects to the router, but then shows the message: "No Internet Access".  All other devices are connecting without problems (Mac, IPod, IPad and DS Lite).

I've rebooted, deleted the connection and recreated it and no good.  Any ideas?

Jim.

MOST HELPFUL ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
4 of 4

I tracked it down to the McAfee virus checker - last update blew out the internet access.  During the week I got a strange email from them suggesting that if I don't have a connection to the internet I need to follow their procedures to fix it - no acknowledgement that it was their fault or anything like that!!!

3 Comments
Novice
2 of 4

I have had the same problem, developed a few days ago.  The Swisscom Help desk team say it is because I am running McAffee virus checker and is the result of McAfee's latest update preventing the laptop from communicating.

Not entirely convinced and yet to prove it as my other laptop runs Kapersky and that has the same issue along with my Android telephone also now not linking in.

Super User
3 of 4

Jim2007 wrote:

Hi There,

I'm having a problem with one of my laptops not connecting to the internet - today one of my laptops stopped connecting to the internet.  It connects to the router, but then shows the message: "No Internet Access".  All other devices are connecting without problems (Mac, IPod, IPad and DS Lite).

I've rebooted, deleted the connection and recreated it and no good.  Any ideas?

Jim.

Jim,

• was kind of OS is it?
  • How is it connected --> Wireless or wired?
  • Did you change anything on the machine (e.g. Updates?)
  • Can you try to ping the default gateway (ping 192.168.1.1) and try an NSlookup

Thx

Highlighted
Contributor
4 of 4

I tracked it down to the McAfee virus checker - last update blew out the internet access.  During the week I got a strange email from them suggesting that if I don't have a connection to the internet I need to follow their procedures to fix it - no acknowledgement that it was their fault or anything like that!!!