• Geschlossen

How to disappear from online phonebooks

spointer
Level 1
1 von 8

Hi,

Everyday I get more and more physical spam on my mailbox because apparently Swisscom has added all my contact details (including my home address) to local.ch. The actual problem is that nowadays it's not just random spam that goes directly to the bin, but also scam attempts.

So, surfing a bit the web I found the following link:

http://www.swisscom.ch/en/residential/help/loesung/verwalten-sie-ihren-telefonbucheintrag.html

that leads to this form:

https://secure.directories.ch/dmscancellation/index.aspx?lang=en&tn=258838348

Which I filled in and submitted on the 19th of November but my name, address and phone number are still on the aforementioned page (and many more).

Any ideas? 🙂

Thanks in advance.

7 Kommentare 7
JenniferG
Level 3
2 von 8

Dear spointer

In order to have your number and address deleted completely in the directories, you need to contact local.ch: http://info.local.ch/en/medien/kontakt

The form you filled out only prevents that your details get updated in the directories when you have them changed with Swisscom.

Kind regards,

JenniferG

Swisscom

spointer
Level 1
3 von 8

Hi,

Thanks for your message. I'm also on other sites like search.ch, are you suggesting that I have to go one by one requesting them to take me out? Shouldn't that be Swisscom's responsibility upon my request as I never took any action to register myself there?

PascalW
Level 3
4 von 8

Hi spointer

If you like to be deleted on other online phone-books (f.e. search.ch), we recommend to contact them directly.

Swisscom does not share any customer contact details with other online phone-books than local.ch.

Liebe Grüsse

PascalW

Meine Spezialgebiete:
Customer Care Support (Mobile & Fixnet)
Social Media Communities
Liebe Grüsse

PascalW

Meine Spezialgebiete:
Customer Care Support (Mobile & Fixnet)
Social Media Communities
spointer
Level 1
5 von 8

Hi Pascal, all,

Thanks once again for your prompt input. Let me see if I've gotten this right. Are you implying that you decline all responsibility about what your partners do with the data that you hand over to them?

Regarding local.ch, I've contacted them yesterday via the online form that was kindly provided by your colleague. Today, I received an automated response acknowledging my request and confirming that my personal details had been removed. Quoting them:

"Vous avez décidé de ne plus publier le numéro XXXXXXXXXX. Nous avons donc supprimé vos coordonnées de notre base de données d'annuaire."

However, my full name, address and telephone are still publicly available on their website.

So, what else can I do? 🙂

JenniferG
Level 3
6 von 8

Hello spointer

Please check again on local.ch, if your number, name and/or telephone number are still listed. Processing you request might have taken a day or two. In case you can still find your details, please send me your full name, address and phone number via private message. I will be glad to check the circumstances for you.

Kind regards,

JenniferG

Swisscom

mauriciotogneri
Level 1
7 von 8

Hi spointer,

Did you manage to remove all your data from the directories?

spointer
Level 1
8 von 8

Hi there,

Kind of. I managed to get outta local.ch after insisting a bit however it was already too late as my personal details had already spread beyond my control. After digging further, I made my way to three marketing companies that had taken the data from local.ch (and other sites that had mirrored it) and used it to spam me and my family on behalf of other Swiss companies (like whoever is behind Swissmilk, for instance). After contacting them (by post, of course, Swiss way) they claimed that they had taken me out. All of this hassle courtesy of Swisscom of course, who initially let local.ch know about me. Adding yourself to the Robinson list should be of help too. Good luck.