• Geschlossen

Erfahrungen mit Option 300 Mbit/s und 1 Gbit/s.

user109
Super User
1 von 228

Hallo zusammen,

leider sind die Internetoptionen:1 Gbit/ und 300 Mbit/s aufgrund technischer Schwierigkeiten nicht bestellbar.:smileymad:, aber immer Werbung dafür machen.

Gruss user109

Knowledge: Netzwerk Allgemein | Telekomunikation | Betriebssysteme| sonstiges
# Wenn ich geholfen habe, könnt ihr mir danken in dem ihr auf den Like klickt #
Editiert
227 Kommentare 227
hoempf
Level 2
2 von 228

Ich habe heute einen Anruf erhalten bezüglich meiner 1Gbit/s Bestellung und die Dame meinte, dass meine Bestellung nicht wie geplant am nächsten Montag (18. Nov.) aufgeschaltet wird, sondern erst in der Woche darauf.

Leider konnte sie mir nicht mehr sagen, nur dass es "ein technisches Problem" gibt. Schade, dass nicht mehr kommuniziert wird, aber hoffen wir mal auf's Beste.

Editiert
hoempf
Level 2
3 von 228

Update (falls es jemanden interessiert): Gemäss Auskunft der Hotline muss wohl auf der Gegenseite der Glasfaser entsprechende Hardware getauscht werden und nicht nur das SFP, sondern die ganze Line-Card, die offenbar kein Gbit kann 🙂

Es scheint also kein extrem schwieriges Problem zu sein und ich vermute mal, dass das Ganze schnell vorwärts geht.

thomwithah
Level 2
4 von 228

Anyone else get there activation text this morning....? I did. Then, proceeded to hook up the new router as instructed, only to find in not working. The router reports no internet connection. Strangely, I was told that using the new router would work with my old service if I hooked it up early. That, apparently, wasn't true. The only reason I asked this was to see if I could hook up early due to the documentation included with the router saying I would NOT receive an activation text message because I was already on a fiber connection. (I guess that was correct, because I received two activation messages.) Hooking up the old router restores my old service. The customer center list my old service. Customer service told me to wait until the 23rd. This was after my wasted time installing, trouble shooting, and uninstalling the new router. Not to mention the time wasted trying to navigate the IVR which insists on speaking German to me although I'm supposed to be set up as a English speaker in the system. (This is another issue I've been promised (repeatedly) resolution to, but with no follow-up.)  The only reason I signed up for this (more expensive) service was to hopefully resolve the repeated issues I've had with the old router and Swisscom's inability to deliver service reliably. So far, the current experiences are par for the course. Meaning I have ample amounts of conflicting and wrong information being delivered much more reliably than the fast stable internet I expect, and pay for. 

user109
Super User
5 von 228

Erst mit dem aktivierten Vivo Casa ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ sind die 1 Gbit/ und 300 Mbit/s  Optionen verfügbar.

Ein Update auf Vivo Casa ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ mit 1 Gbit/ und 300 Mbit/s  Optionen sind scheinbar so nicht möglich Online zubestellen. Warten wir mal ab wann die BOX kommt.

Gruss User109

hoempf
Level 2
6 von 228

Hi thomwithah

I got my text message too, but they seem to be bogus. Swisscom seems to be aware of the issue.

Please note that it's not possible to hook up the new router as long as the fibre interface on the Swisscom site hasn't been swapped due to different interfaces on each side. An engineer has to visit the Swisscom site and actually change hardware. Apparently the hardware necessary for this change isn't ready yet.

I have been told by customer service to wait at least until Monday next week. It's simple though: As soon as the old connection doesn't work anymore, try the new router. It's either 1G or 100M but not both at the same time.

HTH

thomwithah
Level 2
7 von 228
Well hoempf,

What you have said makes since... just wish it was coming from Swisscom to me instead of through these pages. I really wish I hadn't wasted my time. They told you Monday, they told me Saturday. I'm guessing they told me wrong again. I really just want it to work properly.... Some honest facts would be nice too. I wish I could rely on the simplicity of switching when my current connection failed. Unfortunately, the only thing that Swisscom seems to reliably provide me is an inconsistent Internet connection. So, I would have already switched out my route at least twice since yesterday if I was only waiting for my current service to quit working. Did you have to call to learn the text message was bogus? Is this typical for you Swisscom experience?
hoempf
Level 2
8 von 228

You probably don't live where I live (I don't know it but chances are high, mathematically speaking 🙂 ), and therefore would get other dates if you ask about the date when the service will be switched.

The SMS notification doesn't work well on occasion, it looks like it's not closely tied to the provisioning system or relies upon manual intervention by Swisscom. I called and they told me the SMS has been sent because they didn't update the notification service (or whatever they call it) and the old provisioning date was still programmed. They set up a callback for Monday next week.

Swisscom currently seems to have some kind of a larger problem on their network which results in a flaky service and I suppose it's related to the outages since last week or so. But I'm sure the engineers will fix it sooner or later --> http://www.swisscom.ch/en/residential/help/network-and-service-status.html

Cheers!

fds
Level 2
Level 2
9 von 228

Hello thomwithah. I am in the exactly same situation... I lost also a lot of time try to connect the new Internet-Box. They also change my Internet-Box thinking it was an Hardware Problem... Until the day I receive a call from Swisscom saying they have problem in their side and the 23th november it will be ok. Waiting until tomorrow to have some news...

thomwithah
Level 2
10 von 228
Unless you have a network attached storage device (NAS) device and are planning and international trip to see family no doubt meaning sharing pictures stored on the NAS that will likely become inaccessible. I'm guessing (based on my experiences thus far) that Swisscom will miss the projected 23rd date and disconnect my Internet connection and therfore storage while I'm traveling to the US for two weeks. We'll see.... I curious, who thinks that Swisscom will charge us for the increased speed tier as of the 18th even though the service wasn't working. I'm willing to bet the do.
Pug106
Level 1
11 von 228

I did order an upgrade on Monday 18.11.2013 and since I have not received the new box yet etc, I just called the support hotline now. They told me that there is some sort of a "configuration" issue with these new boxes, being the reason why they stopped sending them out to clients until this issue is resolved (maybe bugs in the cuurrent firmware?).

They were unable to confirm a resolution timeframe, so it may take a bit longer than just 1 or 2 days I guess...

@thomwithah in your case I would probably call them and ask them to provision the switch of your account for a date after you are back from your trip.

bloupx
Level 1
12 von 228

1GB kostet 249.- jeden Monat. Wie geil ist das denn.

Jüre
Super User
13 von 228

@bloupx schrieb:

1GB kostet 249.- jeden Monat. Wie geil ist das denn.

Oder 234.- ohne Festnetz.

Im Abo endhalten ist halt nicht nur das reine Internet.

Aber denn noch. 100.- zusätzlich für die Option 1 Gbit/s auf ein Vivo Casa 5Stern ist schon recht happig.

IMO 20.- für die Option 300Mbit/s geht ja grad noch so.

#userID63 und Jüre aka Herby 😉
#userID63 und Jüre aka Herby ;-)
thomwithah
Level 2
14 von 228
Thanks. I tried to schedule it later when they told me about the delay on Monday. They said they had to open ticket and someone would call me back. No one has called me yet. I haven't worked up the willpower to suffer another hour of wasted time to call the back to find out why.... probably will tonight.
bloupx
Level 1
15 von 228

Ja, 20.- mag ja noch gehn aber 100.- mehr ist schon happig.

P.S.: Hallo Herr Ott 🙂

hoempf
Level 2
16 von 228

@thomwithah schrieb:
We'll see.... I curious, who thinks that Swisscom will charge us for the increased speed tier as of the 18th even though the service wasn't working. I'm willing to bet the do.

No. When I called support they told me it would be billed starting from the date when the new service is actually active. I'm sure Swisscom has no intentions to screw you, at least not that cheap 😉

user109
Super User
17 von 228

Ich habe noch immer nicht den Router erhalten, obwohl ich seit dem 18.11.13 die  300 Mbit/s Option bestellt habe. Warum sollte der alte Router (CG) nicht mehr fuktionieren, wenn die Geschwindigkeitsoption geschaltet ist ???

Gruss User109

thomwithah
Level 2
18 von 228
The new router wouldn't benifitnyou because it doesn't support the faster speeds. In fact, it only does 100 Mbit while wired via Ethernet. The missed the date, again, at least so far my service still is not switched on. Nor have they contacted me to re-set my expectations.
hoempf
Level 2
19 von 228

Hallo User109

Der alte Router (CG) hat ein Glasinterface mit dem Access-Speed von 100 Mbit/s, mehr geht über das Interface nicht. Wenn Swisscom umschaltet, ist auf deren Seite ein Glasinterface (SFP), das 1000 Mbit/s kann (und andere Wellenlängen) und du musst den neuen Router anschliessen. Diese SFPs können die Geschwindikeit nicht automatisch einstellen, so wie bei Kupfer. Wenn du also auf deiner Seite das falsche Interface hast, kommt keine Verbindung zustande. Das wäre vergleichbar mit einer 100 Mbit Ethernet Netzwerkkarte, die an einen Switch angeschlossen wird, der nur Gigabit kann.

HTH

Rezzer
Level 6
20 von 228

Ja und ich denke, es werden einige scheittern, weil sie schlicht und einfach noch eine 100Mbit Ethernet Netzwerkkarte in ihrem Notbook oder Custom-PC haben.

Da heist es dan umrüsten wen es noch geht.

Rezzer
---------------
Du musst den 1st-Level überzeugen, dass er den 2nd-Level überzeugt den Fall an den 3rd-Level zu übergeben.
Rezzer
---------------
Du musst den 1st-Level überzeugen, dass er den 2nd-Level überzeugt den Fall an den 3rd-Level zu übergeben.