• Geschlossen

AirTies Air 4400 Wifi repeater

genlar
Level 1
1 von 3

Hi,

this device sold by Swisscom simply doesn't work. I continuously loose connection to the internet after 5-10 minutes of usage and there is no firmware update for this device.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem ?

Ralph

2 Kommentare 2
relja1313
Level 1
2 von 3

Hi,

It seems that you didn't enter your wifi router password in AirTies Air 4400 wifi repeater.

Password has to be entered to AirTies Air 4400 wifi repeater, than it should work fine.

How to do so:

1. Conect your PC to AirTies Air 4400 wifi repeater with RJ45 cable.

2. In any internet browser go to:  192.168.1.1 and login into AirTies Air 4400 wifi repeater with default password.

Userid  :      admin

Password:   password

3. Select your router and enter your wifi password.

After a while white lamp shoud stay permanently on, what means that AirTies Air 4400 wifi repeate is working well.

btw. I recomend yo to install  inSSIDer from :

http://download.cnet.com/inSSIDer/3000-18508_4-10848357.html

Relja

genlar
Level 1
3 von 3

Hi,

as I wrote in my post, I LOOSE connection after some minutes. This means that it STAYS connected to my wifi network for a while. This also means that the connection has been properly established (SSID, password, ...).

I've contacted AirTies directly and they are trying to replicate this problem in their lab.

Anyway, my infrastructure allows to use the AirTies Air 4400 as access point and, by configuring the device as access point , the problem disappeared.

Ralph

Editiert