• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Swisscom TV and Ubiquiti Dream Machine SE

Nimmiotheit93
Level 1
1 of 5

I've installed a Ubiquiti Dream Machine SE as my router and am using the Swisscom Internet box only as modem to receive internet from outside and send it to the UDM SE router. All seems OK except the Swisscom TV doesn't work. Is there something which needs done in the new router setup to play Swisscom TV or can it only play when connected directly into the Swisscom Internet box?

Edited
ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS 2

Accepted Solutions
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
2 of 5

@Nimmiotheit93 I suppose you talk about the Swisscom TV box being connected to the router.

It is also possible to use an external router, but here the Enable IGMP Multicast Proxy must (!) be activated, otherwise it won't work. IGMP Snooping would be good, too, but isn't a must. More info about the usage of external routers you may find here:

Connecting external routers to the network - Help | Swisscom

Gaeilgeoir_0-1698327881999.png

Agus fágaimid siúd mar atá sé.
Edited
bitracer
Super User
3 of 5

The IGMP snooping needs to be enabled on the switches between the router and the TV Box.

4 Comments 4
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
2 of 5

@Nimmiotheit93 I suppose you talk about the Swisscom TV box being connected to the router.

It is also possible to use an external router, but here the Enable IGMP Multicast Proxy must (!) be activated, otherwise it won't work. IGMP Snooping would be good, too, but isn't a must. More info about the usage of external routers you may find here:

Connecting external routers to the network - Help | Swisscom

Gaeilgeoir_0-1698327881999.png

Edited
bitracer
Super User
3 of 5

The IGMP snooping needs to be enabled on the switches between the router and the TV Box.

Nimmiotheit93
Level 1
4 of 5

Thanks, that worked.👍

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
5 of 5

@Nimmiotheit93 You're welcome 😀.