• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

Request password reset email never arrives.

Riehechop19
Level 1
1 of 6

I have to examples:

1. Netflix. I was not able to access my account; the site informed me I needed to set my password. I went through the process of requesting a reset. The site gives me a message saying that an email was sent with a link for the reset. But the email never arrived. Yes, I gave the correct email address. I tried to do so more than once.

2. Membership. I returned to a site which I had not been for a while. The site requests me to reset my password, which I did pretty much in the same manner I did with Netflix. The site as well informed me they sent me an email with a link for the reset, but the email never arrives.

I used different email addresses for each of the cases above. Both email addresses are Swisscom @Bluewin.ch

Otherwise, my email seems to be functioning well. Where are those reset emails going to? What is the issue preventing them reaching my inbox? Where should I look for problems?

ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS 2

Accepted Solutions
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
2 of 6

@Riehechop19 When you create a Netflix account, you're asked to set an e-mail adress and a password, for the login. if you forget your passoword you will be asked to enter an e-mail adress, see image below.

Gaeilgeoir_0-1699958714177.png

The problem is, you will only get this e-mail to the adress you entered, if it is the same adress you used, when you made the setup to your account ! If it is not the same, you won't get anything, even if it is written "E-mail sent.....".  This makes completely sense, because other you could get the possible to set a new password for other account. So the adress you should enter must be the adress you used when you created your account. If you no have have the same adress or the adress is the for both cases you need to contact Netflix directly (see link), as it is not a Swisscom related problem. 

In both cases, could it be that you created the membership with an e-mail adress, that is nor more valid? 

Netflix Help Center

Agus fágaimid siúd mar atá sé.
Riehechop19
Level 1
6 of 6

In my case, the email given was correct, and the password was correct. It was not a "user" issue, a spam box issue, or anything like that.

Meanwhile, I had to call  Netflix to get the issue solved. I still have no idea why I have stopped receiving password reset emails.

I thank you all for your efforts to assist.

5 Comments 5
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
2 of 6

@Riehechop19 When you create a Netflix account, you're asked to set an e-mail adress and a password, for the login. if you forget your passoword you will be asked to enter an e-mail adress, see image below.

Gaeilgeoir_0-1699958714177.png

The problem is, you will only get this e-mail to the adress you entered, if it is the same adress you used, when you made the setup to your account ! If it is not the same, you won't get anything, even if it is written "E-mail sent.....".  This makes completely sense, because other you could get the possible to set a new password for other account. So the adress you should enter must be the adress you used when you created your account. If you no have have the same adress or the adress is the for both cases you need to contact Netflix directly (see link), as it is not a Swisscom related problem. 

In both cases, could it be that you created the membership with an e-mail adress, that is nor more valid? 

Netflix Help Center

Riehechop19
Level 1
3 of 6

Thank you very much for your answer. The email I provided for the password reset is the mail my Netflix account was set up with. The same with the other example I gave. I provide them with the same email my account with them was set up with with.

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
4 of 6

@Riehechop19 Did you take a look in the spam folder, if they are not there, I would contact the provider of those services (Netflix see above).

Riehechop19
Level 1
5 of 6

Yes, I did look in the spambox, bin, tried to see if there was any relevant domain blocked on my security settings and found nothing. The reason why I did not contact Netflix was for the fact that the same happened to another site, as I mentioned in my first post, with another bluewin account that I have. I requested password reset, they sent the mail and I never received and I find nothing in the bin, spam or somewhere else.

Well, I will in this case, contact those sites and see if I get an answer.

Thank you very much.

Riehechop19
Level 1
6 of 6

In my case, the email given was correct, and the password was correct. It was not a "user" issue, a spam box issue, or anything like that.

Meanwhile, I had to call  Netflix to get the issue solved. I still have no idea why I have stopped receiving password reset emails.

I thank you all for your efforts to assist.