• The questioner has marked this post as solved.

I think this might be a scam....?

brianPT
Level 1
1 of 5

Earlier this afternoon I got the following email from the address:

MySwisscom Notification <xyz@abc.ch>

I clicked on the link and at the time it looked like a genuine Swisscom login screen. A bit later they wanted my credit card details to reimburse me. I entered them and a few screens after that I got an SMS suggesting I enter a 6 digit validation so that my credit card company could SEND Euros 700 to "OPH SEINE ET MARNE" - whoever they may be. Needless to say I didn't enter the 6 digit code. My credit card company have not sent any money. You have to be careful, eh?

----

SWISSCOM

Chère cliente e-mail Bluewin,
Cher client e-mail Bluewin,

En raison d'un problème de charge sur notre système de facturation, nous avons remarqué que la facture du mois d'octobre a été payée deux fois.
Pour valider le remboursement, veuillez utiliser le lien ci-dessous:

Sincères salutations
Votre Swisscom

Sehr geehrter Bluewin E-Mail-Kunde,
Sehr geehrter Bluewin E-Mail-Kunde,

Aufgrund eines Ladeproblems in unserem Rechnungssystem haben wir festgestellt, dass die Rechnung für den Monat Oktober doppelt bezahlt wurde.
Um die Rückerstattung zu bestätigen, verwenden Sie bitte den untenstehenden Link:

Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Ihre Swisscom

Gentile cliente Bluewin e-mail,
Gentile cliente Bluewin e-mail,

a causa di un problema di carico del nostro sistema di fatturazione, abbiamo notato che la fattura di ottobre è stata pagata due volte.
Per convalidare il rimborso, la preghiamo di utilizzare il link sottostante:

Cordiali saluti
La vostra Swisscom

Edited
ACCEPTED SOLUTION 1

Accepted Solutions
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
2 of 5

@brianPT This is a scam mail, Swisscom would never send such a mail, even if you had paid twice, this would then be offset against the next bill. You should simply not click on a link here! You can report such mails to spamreport@bluewin.ch, then delete the mail and forget about it. It was a obviously a fault to click on the link, you should have been better asked before. But if your bank did not transfer the money. 

Please delete the link in your message, not that that anybody else will click on it.

Agus fágaimid siúd mar atá sé.
4 Comments 4
Gaeilgeoir
Super User
2 of 5

@brianPT This is a scam mail, Swisscom would never send such a mail, even if you had paid twice, this would then be offset against the next bill. You should simply not click on a link here! You can report such mails to spamreport@bluewin.ch, then delete the mail and forget about it. It was a obviously a fault to click on the link, you should have been better asked before. But if your bank did not transfer the money. 

Please delete the link in your message, not that that anybody else will click on it.

brianPT
Level 1
3 of 5

OK, thanks, just thought I'd mention it so others, if they see this sort of message, can be suspicious immediately.

Gaeilgeoir
Super User
4 of 5

@brianPT Actually this should be already well known, but unfortunately that is not case, in the different communities (D, F, I, E) we find approx. every week somebody who ist reporting, and of course to ok report this here. A little advice, if you drag the mouse over the link, the actual link is displayed and it is completely different in this case, so you can see relatively quickly that this cannot be from Swisscom.

brianPT
Level 1
5 of 5

Yes, I was a bit stressed earlier and exceptionally only a few days ago there was some confusion as to what I had paid on the two contracts we have with Swisscom. The scammers just happened to chose the moment I was most vulnerable. I'm really not sure what details I entered on their screens so to be safe I've blocked that credit card and ordered a new one. CHF 20 for the peace of mind, it's worth it for me.